Now that Kate and Lily are three, it's time to potty train. My plan was to take that on after Mom and Harvey's visit mid-June. We have a LOT on our plates between now and then, so I didn't want to tackle the task of potty training twins until I can focus completely on that.
Well. This morning Lily announced in a high-pitched mildly panicked tone "MOMMY, I HAVE PEEPEE!" I asked her if she had already gone. She said "not yet." So I asked her if she wanted to go on the toilet. As she turned and tip-toe sprinted to the bathroom she squealed "yyyaaaaa!" By the time she arrived, she had already gone, but that started the ball rolling. Kate had to go, so she started pulling off clothes on her way in too. Low and behold, Katybird went poopoo on her own little potty. She was so stunned, she couldn't even be excited. Then it was time to put a clean diaper on. Oh the protest. Once that was resolved, Lily wanted to know where I "hid" her panties. Not sure where that came from, but it was cute.
This is good. All good. With the exception of the timing. Not because Mom and Harvey are visiting, but that we are taking our first real overnight out-of-town trip to Walla Walla for a graduation...next week. eek. Can I put this off for just a couple of weeks? um. I think this potty train has left the station.
2 comments:
It was very funny, especially the reminder that we make plans and they decide them for us. Sounds like a fun weekend ahead.
All of that said, Kate already lost interest and Lily has decided it's a little scary.
Post a Comment