Wednesday, March 30, 2011
traditions
One of the things I'm enjoying with our little family is starting traditions. There is one in particular that our little sweetiepies are really liking. When we go outside to play in all of the loveliness of Portland in the spring, we get wet, cold, muddy and need a warm refresher when we finally come back indoors. So, mama whips (literally) up a quick batch of homemade hot cocoa. Kate and Lily get to use their special cocoa cups. I don't say anything. I don't need to. I just quietly put the hot cocoa cups out on the counter of our new "little kitchen" (as Kate says). It doesn't take long for one or both of them to notice and begin squealing in delight..."HOT COCOA! HOT COCOA! HOT COCOA!" They drag their chairs out at the table, awkwardly climb up, clip themselves into their seats and by the time that process is complete I usually have their cocoa ready. With one little marshmallow. The game is to get that marshmallow out of the cocoa without using hands or spoons. There is complete silence in our house for those few sweet, chocolaty moments.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment