Sunday, June 14, 2009

more milestones

Lily got brave and took a few steps today! Now I have two who are going to be upright and mobile sooner than later. I know many parents dread that, but we couldn't be happier and more proud of them.

So, on the new accomplishments note, they're finally working on getting some upper teeth. At 13-1/2 months, they only have 1-1/2 teeth each. I know it's better for them to get their teeth late, but I look forward to being able to give them age appropriate food (especially on the go) and so do they!

So that I don't forget some day, I thought I would just write down a few of their words. Well, their versions of words, but we know what they're saying.

Kate/Lily:
Mama/Mumuma = Mama
Daddy/Daydit/Dada = Daddy (they both say all versions)
Tat/Dat = Cat
Ba = Ball (both say the same thing)
Upup/Papup = Apple
Yuguk/Goget = Yogurt
Rahruhruh/Ahyuhyuh = I love you
Tayoo/Tsahyuh = Thank you
Yhss = Yes (both say the same thing - we've avoided "no" so far)
Ta/Dah = Ta-Dah!

And now for some cute sweetness...
They LOVE to dance and sing. Kate meows at the cats and Lily whistles by making a little O with her mouth and squeaking. They both clap and cheer when they hear applause on TV or the radio. They know where and point to noses, mouths, eyes, ears, toes and bellybuttons. We have to sneak getting ready to go on a walk because they get so excited they go berserk if we take too long to get them in their stroller or jogger. They love to "get dressed" which means putting their clothes on their head, over their shoulders, over their legs and so on. Absolutely precious - especially when they're both playing dress up at the same time. They read out loud to themselves and to each other. When they read to each other they point to the pictures.


Just doesn't get much sweeter than that, does it.

No comments: