Thursday, April 2, 2009

11 months!

A rousing game of peek-a-boo is always a fun way to pass the time on a rainy day.


This went on for about 30 minutes - after the many photos I took. My babies are growing up.

And when peek-a-boo is no fun anymore, there's always laundry to "fold".
What was funny about this is that they were so engrossed in their task that didn't know I was watching. When I stealthily positioned and focused my camera (which happened to be right where I needed it) and playfully said "WHAT are you two doing", they screeched in delight and fled the scene giggling like... little girls.

Just a couple more cute things then off to get ready for the day...

Kate is pointing to (and following) the cats and saying "tat" several times a day. When she saw a toy black and white cat yesterday, she squealed and said "tat tat tat" while pointing and laughing at the funny looking cat. My little girl is talking at 11 months! We're going to have to be more careful about what we say earlier than anticipated.

One day the girls finished their lunches at precisely the same time (generally Kate is finished first), so I threw my hands in the air and said "TA-DA!" Lily loved that and has been practicing "ta-da" when she's eating (which comes out "daaa", by the way). Yesterday she was trying to pull herself up at the sofa, but was a little too close, so she was having a difficult time. She worked and grunted and scowled and worked some more. When she finally pulled herself up, she held on with her left hand, put her right hand up in the air, looked at me with a BIIIG smile and said "daaa... !"

I keep hearing from friends and family that it will just keep getting better, but how much more wonderful can they get???

1 comment:

melsand40 said...

Love the Peak-A-Boo!! It's a classic! We've got to get together soon!! They are getting so big...